Spiced Pear & Apple Protein Muffins
Pears are in season during Autumn and mixed with the right spices and our Madagascan Vanilla Organic Protein, they make scrumptious protein muffins! Recipe makes 12 muffins.
- 2 organic pears
- 2 organic apples
- 2 medium organic eggs
- 100ml organic vegetable oil
- 180ml organic semi-skimmed milk
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 75g caster sugar
- 270g self raising flour
- 35g (1 heaped scoop) Madagascan Vanilla organic whey protein powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c/400F/180fan/gas 6.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl with the oil and milk.
- Add the sugars and stir until dissolved into the mixture.
- In another bowl, sieve the flour and add the whey, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder and nutmeg stirring until it all comes together.
- Finely dice the pears and apples and add them to the dry mixture (this helps them not to sink to the bottom of your muffins).
- Now combine the wet and dry mixtures together.
- Fill your chosen muffin cases on a tray to 2/3 full and the baking powder should give you a nice rise.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm with a chai latte or favourite hot drink and enjoy!
(per muffin - mixture makes 12)
- Approx. 255 kcal | 9g fat | 38.7g carb | 5.6g protein