This is a protein packed festive recipe which makes 10 gingerbread people to decorate!
- 175g WHEY AHEAD® Naked/Unflavoured Organic Protein Powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 62g organic butter
- 87.5g organic brown sugar
- 1 free-range organic egg
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- Icing to decorate
- Mix together the protein powder, bicarb of soda, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add the butter and blend until the mix looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and lightly beat the egg and honey together in the mix.
- Knead the dough out until smooth and wrap in clingfilm to leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the dough out to 0.5cm on a light floured surface.
- Use a gingerbread person cutter or a shape of your choice to cut out the shapes and spread them evenly on the tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly golden-brown.
- Cool them on a wire rack and then have fun decorating!
Per gingerbread person (excluding icing)
- Approx. 152.6 kcal | 5.77g fat | 11.4g carb | 13.9g protein